Thursday, March 14, 2013

Meet Curious George

Isn't this little guy the cutest? I have had this photo on my desk for quite a while with no ideas on what to do with it. 

Last Sunday I went to a crop and I packed a very, very old Studio Calico kit (Promise you won't judge if I tell you it was HandPicked from April 2008?). The colors worked great with the photo. I find I get a little more creative at a crop because I make myself use just what I packed. In that kit is this crazy Sassafras paper with a big deer on it. I just have never liked that paper. It turned out to be a perfect mat behind the photo. The doodly clouds add a whimsical touch to the page. The Jenni Bowlin gold rub-ons, despite being 5 years old, went on smooth and easy. Definitely want to use some more of those on some cards.

I had used up some of the Sassafras letter stickers that came with the kit so I couldn't spell out George. Luckily, my friend Lynne shared some of her Echo Park letter stickers. That was the finishing touch for my page. 

I'm linking this layout up with Use Your Stuff (critter challenge), TwoPeas Pokey Peas and Shimelle (sketch).

Supplies: Studio Calico Hand-Picked Kit (April 2008), Echo Park Little Boy stickers, brown Slick Writer, CTMH chocolate ink

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What an adorable photo! Your page looks awesome! I love it when we get to use older stash. Thanks for taking the challenge with us on the Use Your Stuff blog.
Hope you can join us again :)

Lynne said...

Looks just as good as I remember it from last weekend. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

Malin/malwa said...

Aaawww... That's just adorable! :)

Post a Comment