Sunday, September 26, 2010

September Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

This month's PTI blog hop challenge is to show off any skills you might have learned from a fellow stamper, and perhaps even give them a little shout out to thank them for the inspiration they have provided.

My card was inspired by Dawn McVey and the scalloped text paper she used in this card.
 
Instead of vintage book print, I used an old piece of patterned paper from my stash (I think it might be Jenni Bowlin?). The colors were inspired by a co-worker's wedding palette - ivory, chocolate and peach. I also stamped the envelope with a damask image to tie the whole thing together. That's a trick I've also embraced from the fabulous idea sharing on the blogs of PTI's many many followers.

13 comments:

Ginny said...

A beuatiful card, I love the paper scallops!!

Allison Rankin said...

Gorgeous! Love the color mix and use of lined paper!

Barb said...

Very pretty card! Your color choice is beautiful. This is a great technique and one that I will have to try. TFS!

Jen Carter said...

Love your scallops! Very, very pretty!

Paula Laird said...

Very cute! I love the book ruffles!

Nerina said...

This is such a pretty use of text paper! Love all the layers!

peggysue said...

Ivory, chocolate and peach, how pretty! What great inspiration.

Taheerah said...

Lovely card, great colours!

k prakken said...

I love the way the scallops look like ruffles and the colors you picked are yummy.

Brenda said...

this is so pretty! I love the layers of scallops!

Pam W. said...

Great job with the paper ruffles. Love the color combo that you used - pretty.

Anonymous said...

I love the scallops cut with the book print. Lovely card!

Leah said...

the colors are amazing! love the scallops too!

Post a Comment